Tuesday 15 January 2013

Mean Londoners

Forget what anyone has ever said about Londoners being friendly and considerate to people with kids because that has never been my experience. Instead of the typical things you hear; like people helping to lift the stroller up stairs, moving out of the way on the bus or pavements  and holding doors when you are coming through, all I get is people avoiding my gaze or pretending they hadn't noticed me when it is clear they had. Okay maybe once in a while I run into a nice considerate person but ninety percent of the time what I have described above is accurate; women are the worst at it too. Sometimes I think it is because I am male and people consider me capable without needing any help? I wonder what the female's experience is!


No comments:

Post a Comment