Wednesday 18 September 2013

Go away Daddy!

Still on the subject of  the power of words, T has been saying a few lately that makes me go wowzer what in the world; and the one I detest the most is when he tells us his parents to 'go away'! Something picked up from the playground I suppose because we never say that in the house. Anyway I have tried telling him to stop but he would not so lately I have been resorting to drastic action. This morning he told me to go away after I had told him it was time for breakfast. Thinking I was going to start preaching as I usually do, he was surprised when I simply got up, walked away and disappeared behind the fridge in the kitchen. Oh by the way I just saw a giant spider behind the sofa so do not call for me if you see it, I said loudly from my hiding place. He jumped up instantly, raced to the kitchen only to find the child safety gate was locked and he could not get in. He tugged and pulled while screaming at the same time, 'daddy ungoaway'! I cannot protect you, you told me go away, I answered. 'No come back, come baaaacccck nowwww... spiders try to get me', he screamed. 'I don't want you go away; I scared'. That was the answer I was waiting for. I stood up and told him to repeat what he had just said. Then I pointed out that that is exactly why he should never tell me to go away. He nodded in agreement. In time and with a few more repeats of the same scenario and he should finally get the message.



No comments:

Post a Comment